Richmond is one of the foremost farming towns in the county, it encompasses a number of small villages, of which Honeoye is the largest. Others include Richmond Centre, Allen’s Hill, Richmond Mills, and Dennisons’ Corners. It has a population of over 3,000.
Richmond was first settled around 1790 by Captain Pitts and James Codding. The town was given the name "Pittstown" in 1796, renamed "Honeoye" in 1808, and changed again to "Richmond" in 1815. Richmond expanded further in 1836 as land was annexed from the town of Canadice, and the same thing happened with the towns Bristol and South Bristol in 1848. The latter two annexations however only lasted for four years.
Further Information (off-site links)