New Richmond is a small community within the Manlius Township in Allegan County, Michigan.
New Richmond was initially named 'Richmond' when it was planned in 1836, named after Richmond, Virginia. The initial settlement attempt failed following a fire in a local tavern and the destruction of the mill's dam. The village was rebuilt in 1872 by H. F. Marsh on the same site, and named 'New Richmond'.
Further Information (off-site links)